I really need to pay more attention to details when I’m buying yarn for my projects. It turned out that that lovely, soft and furry yarn I found for the border collie was “bulky” weight, not dk (which is sort of between worsted and sport), so when I knitted up the back of the dog, the gauge was completely off. I ended up having to go and buy another couple of skeins of yarn, but I wasn’t able to find any dk or sport weight in the brownish colour I wanted (since my mother’s border collie is brown and white, not black and white, those are the colours I wanted to use), so I had to go with black and white instead. Ah well. I’ll just have to use that furry yarn on some other project… maybe a hat.
Here is a pic of what the dog’s supposed to look like when I’m done.